Baked Crab and Taleggio Cheese Dip
Sweet crab and creamy, imported Taleggio are a match made in heaven. We served this dip in a warm bread bowl. It's a perfect party pleaser.
- 1 1/2 cups shredded imported Taleggio cheese
- 8 ounces imported Neufchatel room temperature
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper hot sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 16-ounce can lump crab meat, drained
- 2 1-pound each whole round loaves of sourdough or Italian bread
- Crudite such as carrot sticks, celery sticks, radishes, sliced bell pepper and cherry tomatoes
Preheat oven to 350°F and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
Combine Taleggio, Neufchatel, mayonnaise, sour cream, thyme, Worcestershire sauce,
hot sauce and red pepper flakes in a large mixing bowl. Fold in crab until just combined.
Cut top third off of each loaf of bread. Carefully hollow out bottoms leaving a 1-inch shell
of bread intact for support. Reserve hollowed-out bread pieces for serving.
Evenly divide cheese mixture between both loaves. Transfer to a prepared baking sheet
and bake until cheese is melted and light golden-brown, about 25 to 30 minutes.
Serve warm with bread pieces and crudite.