Baked Goat Cheese & Marinara Dip with Garlic Toast
Add this easy yet impressive appetizer to your party repertoire. Tart, creamy imported Goat Cheese and a spicy marinara sauce bake into a bubbly delicious warm dip your guests will love!
- 12 oz imported Goat Cheese at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups Marinara Sauce see recipe below or to save time use your favorite brand
- 1 small baguette cut into 1/4” slices
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil additional for garnish
- 1 garlic clove
- Torn fresh basil and oregano
- Hot pepper flakes
- 1 TB extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 TB kosher salt divided
- 1 TB thinly sliced garlic
- ¼ tsp hot pepper flakes
- 1 28 oz cans crushed San Marzano tomatoes in juice
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- 1 1/2 tsp no-salt Italian seasoning
Heat oil in a medium soup pot medium-low heat. Add onions and sprinkle with 1 tsp salt. Cook, stirring often, until golden and softened, about 10-15 minutes. Add chili flakes and garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add tomatoes, basil, Italian seasoning, and remaining salt and simmer sauce for 10-15 minutes for flavors to meld.
While sauce simmers, spread goat cheese in the bottom of a small gratin or baking dish and preheat oven to 375 degrees. Brush baguette slices with olive oil and toast in oven for 5 minutes. Rub each slice with garlic clove. Spoon marinara sauce around the edge of the baking dish, leaving some goat cheese showing in the center. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until bubbly and goat cheese is starting to brown. Drizzle with remaining 1 tsp olive oil, garnish with torn herbs and hot pepper flakes and serve at once with garlic toast.