Garlic & Cheddar Monkey Bread Muffins
Salty ham, sweet, mild Imported Cheddar and buttery dough are so delicious in these fun and easy muffins. Serve as a dinner or breakfast side.
- cooking spray
- 1 package refrigerated biscuits 8 to a package
- 3 tablespoons salted butter
- 2 cloves garlic finely minced (or microplaned)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped ham optional
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup grated mild Imported Cheddar
Preheat the oven to 375 F.
Lightly spray 12 cups in a muffin pan with cooking spray, and set the pan aside.
Remove the biscuits from the pan (POP!), and chop each biscuit into 6 pieces.
In a shallow dish, melt the butter. Stir in the garlic, salt, red pepper flakes, and black pepper. Set aside.
In a large bowl, stir together the chopped ham, parsley and Imported Cheddar. Set aside.
Take each biscuit piece, and roll it lightly in the butter mixture. Add each biscuit piece to the large bowl with the ham, parsley and cheese.
Once all biscuit pieces are coated in the butter mixture and ham mixture, divide the mixture between 12 muffin cups, lightly pressing them into each cup.
Bake for 20-24 minutes, until golden brown on top and done in the middle (use a toothpick to test the centers).
Let cool for about 5 minutes before sliding them out of the pan and serving warm.