Goat Cheese Three Ways: Peppercorn & Herb Crusted, Whipped with Honey, and Mixed Crostini
One of the best things about goat cheese is how deliciously it pairs with so many different flavors and toppings! For a fun twist try making it the centerpiece of your cheese platter served in these three easy-yet-unique ways.
- 3, 4 oz logs imported goat cheese
- 2 TB pink or black peppercorns coarsely crushed
- 2 TB chopped parsley chives, or tarragon
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 1 TB honey
- 1 package premade crostini or ½ baguette, thinly sliced & toasted
- Assorted crostini toppings: fresh fruit jams, prosciutto, olives, tapenades, harissa paste, sliced tomatoes, sautéed mushrooms, olive oil, chopped herbs or scallions for garnish
To make Peppercorn & Herb Crusted Goat Cheese: Place crushed peppercorns and chopped herbs on a shallow plate. Gently roll one log of goat cheese in toppings and keep chilled until ready to serve.
To make Honey-Whipped Goat Cheese: Place one room temperature log of goat cheese in a mini chop (or in a bowl to use standard beaters). Add cream, honey, and a pinch of salt. Blend or beat until smooth and serve in a small ramekin. Tip: For a more savory twist skip the honey and beat in ½ tsp minced garlic and 2 tsp chopped herbs.
To make Mixed Crostini: Spread plain goat cheese on crostini and top with a mix of toppings. Drizzle with olive oil and finish with black pepper and garnishes.
• Sliced Grape Tomato
• Minced Onion & Dill
• Olive Tapenade
• Olives & Scallion
• Sliced or Whole Berries
• Balsamic, Basil, Prosciutto
• Fig Jam
• Arugula, Sliced Peaches, Hot Honey, Basil
• Roasted Peppers & Parsley