Grilled Eggplant, Asiago & Gorgonzola Pizza
Imported Gorgonzola and Asiago bring big, bold Italian flavors to this veggie pizza. It’s Delizioso!
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 small eggplant (about 12 oz) sliced into ¼ inch thick slices
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 11 oz package refrigerated pie crust
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup quartered grape tomatoes
- 1/2 tbs crushed red pepper
- 1/2 cup crumbled Imported Gorgonzola cheese
- 3/4 cup Imported Asiago cheese
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh oregano or basil
Drizzle 2 tbsps olive over both sides of eggplant slices and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill eggplant 6 minutes, turning once, until slightly charred. Remove and set aside.
Unroll pizza crust and arrange on lightly oiled baking sheet. Brush remaining tablespoon oil over top of crust. Place baking sheet on grill. Cook covered over medium heat about 6 minutes or until bottom of crust is beginning to brown. When it is nicely browned on the bottom, use tongs or a spatula to flip crust.
Spread sauce evenly over crust; arrange eggplant pieces and tomatoes over sauce. Sprinkle with crushed red pepper and cheeses.
Place baking sheet on grill. Cook covered 5 minutes or until crust is browned and cheeses are melted. Sprinkle with oregano or basil.