Grilled Halloumi Cheese And Vegetable Skewers
Fresh herbs and lemon add bright flavors to the savory Imported Halloumi cheese and sweet vegetables. A perfect start to an evening BBQ.
- 1 pound Imported Halloumi cheese cut into 1 inch squares
- 2 medium yellow bell peppers cut into into 1 inch squares
- 2 medium red onions cut into ½ inch chunks
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Juice from 1 small lemon plus 1 lemon for serving
- 2 tsp freshly minced garlic
- 2 tsp chopped fresh basil and mint
- Salt and pepper to taste
Soak wooden skewers in cold water for 15 minutes
Heat outdoor grill or indoor grill pan.
In a medium bowl, whish together olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt, pepper and herbs. Add cheese and vegetables and toss to coat. Let marinate for 30 minutes.
Alternate vegetables and cheese on skewers. Oil grill grates or grill pan. Grill skewers until cheese begins to turn golden brown and vegetables caramelize. Remove from grill and drizzle with fresh lemon. Serve with pita bread or flatbread, warmed and slightly charred on grill.