Naan Pizza with Fontina, Sausage, & Crispy Mushrooms
- 1 8.8 oz package of 2 Naan or Flatbreads
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup pizza or marinara sauce
- 1 1/2 cups shredded imported Fontina
- 4 oz package mixed mushrooms
- 2 4 oz links Italian sausage casing removed
- 1 clove garlic minced
- Fresh oregano & hot pepper flakes for garnish
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Line one baking pan with parchment paper and the other with a baking rack. Spread mushrooms on parchment, drizzle with 1/2 tsp olive oil and season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Brush both sides of naan with remaining 1/2 tsp olive oil and place on baking rack. Cook for 10-15 minutes, turning naan once and stirring mushrooms until both are crispy.
While mushrooms are roasting, cook sausage in a saute pan on medium heat, breaking up into small pieces with a wooden spoon until no longer pink. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute. Spread 1/4 cup sauce on each crisped naan, top with cheese, sausage, and mushrooms. Return to oven for 5 minutes to melt cheese. Top with oregano and pepper flakes and serve.