Pumpkin Bisque with Asiago-Parmesan Toasts
- 1 TB olive oil
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- 2 tsp chopped sage additional for garnish
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 29 oz can pumpkin puree
- 1 quart chicken broth
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 12 slices toasted baguette
- 3/4 cup shredded imported Asiago cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded imported Parmesan cheese additional shaved for garnish
- 1/3 cup toasted pumpkin seeds
Heat olive oil over medium heat in a large soup pot. Add onion and salt and cook for 7-10 minutes, stirring occasionally until onions are soft. Stir in ginger, 1 tsp. sage and pumpkin pie spice and cook for 1 minute. Add pumpkin puree and chicken broth and stir to combine. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes for flavors to blend. Whisk in heavy cream and keep soup warm.
Combine imported Asiago and Parmesan cheeses in a small bowl. Place sliced baguette on a foil lined baking pan and top evenly with cheese mixture. Place under the broiler in your oven or toaster oven for 2-3 minutes to warm and melt cheese. Top toasts with remaining 1 tsp chopped sage.
Garnished soup with pumpkin seeds, shaved parmesan and sage. Serve with cheese toasts for dipping.