Spinach & Provolone Stuffed Chicken
Chicken breast stuffed with tangy Imported Provolone and sweet sundried tomatoes is a surprisingly simple and delicious weeknight dinner.
- 2 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped sundried tomato
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 oz package baby spinach or kale
- 1 cup plus 2 tbsp Imported Provolone cheese, finely shredded and divided
- 1/2 cup Panko breadcrumbs, divided
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
Preheat oven to 375°F. Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook 4 minutes or until softened. Add sundried tomatoes and garlic and cook 1 minute. Add spinach and cook 2 minutes or until wilted. Stir in 1 cup Provolone and ¼ cup breadcrumbs.
Combine remaining breadcrumbs, remaining Provolone, remaining oil and Italian seasoning.
Cut each chicken breast horizontally across, but not through, forming a large pocket. Arrange on a baking pan. Stuff spinach with mixture, then top with breadcrumb mixture.
Bake 25 minutes or until chicken is done.