White Cheddar Chicken Chile Verde Skillet
Imported White Cheddar adds creamy goodness to this easy and comforting skillet.
- 1 can 15 oz. creamed corn
- 1 cup fresh yellow corn kernels
- 1 pkg. 7 oz. yellow cornbread mix
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup fresh pico de gallo divided
- 1 lb. ground chicken breast
- 1 cup celery diced
- 1/2 cup onion diced
- 1 can 4 oz. green chilies, diced
- 1 1/2 cup Imported Sharp White Cheddar shredded and divided
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Mix creamed corn, cornbread mix, sour cream, egg and ½ cup pico de gallo in a medium bowl. Set aside. Place 1 tsp oil in bottom of 12” cast iron or oven proof skillet and use it to brown ground chicken breast, celery and onions. Drain any excess juices.
Mix the diced green chiles and remaining pico de gallo into the chicken mixture in skillet. Top with 1 cup of cheese and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Top skillet with corn mixture and sprinkle the top with remaining ½ cup of cheese. Bake 35-40 minutes until golden. Remove and let rest for 5-7 minutes before serving in wedges.